Meeting Minutes

 

Thursday, February 13: Team meeting
Scribe: Rob Parrott
Facilitator: Peter Huffer
Attendees: Karen Zolkiewicz, Lisa Stedge, Marcella Simon, Rob Parrott, Peter Huffer, Steve Arrington
Absentees: none

DISCUSSION

  • Performance Analysis Updates - 508, Testing, Site Analysis
  • Personas
  • Vision, Mission, Goals
  • Preparation for Team Presentation on Feb. 17th
  • 508 Plan Due Feb. 19th
  • Preliminary Plan for Usability
  • "Good Ideas" DB and Navigation Problems

Summary of Discussion:

  • Karen has drafted a 508 Plan for Feb 19th. Rob will work with her to make edits by Feb. 19th.
  • Performance Analysis Findings: Peter and Steve have found much information about testing and pricing but Mike needs to tell us how much influence we can allow on the site from outside vendors. More informaiton needs to be researched. Lisa and Marcella reviewed the navigability of the site and talked to Seunghun about the graphics of the site. The menu bar was designed by a graphic designer hired to help a past phase. Karen and Rob are still going through each page on the site, but got most of the information needed for the perfromance analysis from our meeting with Kristine Neuber.
  • Steve has not completed the "Good Ideas" database but will continue to work on it in the coming week.
  • The team/project mission, vision, and goals were revisited and some edits were made to each. Karen recorded them and will update each to be reposted on the project site. The sub-goals were eliminated all together.
  • Each previous group had variations of personas that differ somewhat. Peter will work on the personas for out phase.
  • Monday's report to Brenda and Mike will be a synthesis of the performance analysis data Steve is pulling together. Karen has volunteered to present the information.

ACTION ITEMS

  • TEAM: Review Usability Plan materials and information for next meeting.
  • TEAM: Send any navigation problems to Marcella and Lisa as you see them.
  • Steve will send the powerpoint that he and Peter used in today's discussion to Liz before she talks to Mike B.
  • Steve will send the performance analysis information to Karen as quickly as possible so she can prepare for Monday's presentation.
  • Liz will follow-up with Mike B. about the possibility of us seeking relationships with outside vendors, including commercial links on LAO, and about getting Mike to help us get the laoteam@gmu.edu listserv set up.
  • Karen will send Rob the updated 508 plan for edits before submitting it to Brenda Bannan-Ritland on Feb 19th.
  • Steve will continue to work on the "Good Ideas" database for our site.
  • Karen will update the mission, vision and goals and repost them on the project site.
  • Peter will draft the personas we will use for the site.

NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 @ Commerce Lab, 1:30pm

  • Discuss personas
  • Usability testing
  • Facilitator: Rob Parrott; Scribe: Marcella Simon