Meeting Minutes

 

Thursday, February 6: Team meeting
Scribe: Rob Parrott
Facilitator: Peter Huffer
Attendees: Karen Zolkiewicz, Lisa Stedge, Marcella Simon, Rob Parrott, Peter Huffer, Steve Arrington
Absentees: none

DISCUSSION

  • Listserv
  • Logo
  • Resolving Tie Votes
  • Seunghun Contact Person
  • Discussion of Interviews and Research Results
  • Project Site Content- Individual vs. Team Docs
  • Marcella's Form and Def. of Project Problems
  • Plan Without Mandatory Deadlines

Summary of Discussion:

  • Mike will be the listserv manager for laoteam@gmu.edu.
  • Karen and Rob suggested that in their efforts to redesign the project site that any ideas for a redesign of things like logos, and color-schemes should be given to them to be added to the project site so we can "experiment" with what they might be like on LAO.
  • In the case of split votes, the team will employ the method of defending the opposing side's position to better understand their perspective. If this fails to change the deadlock, the team will try again.
  • Peter will be the official team contact for Senghun.
  • Performance Analysis
    A. Subteams
    1) Peter and Steve are investigating testing sites and following up on contacts.
    2) Karen and Rob will meet with key contacts and will finish up their report next week.
    3) Marcella and Lisa will meet with Senghun and finish their portion of the report after that meeting.
    B. Briefing Report
    1) Lisa suggested that findings from each subteam be organized into issues, findings, and recommendations with a prioritization system of low, medium, and high priority for each recommendation.
  • It was suggested and approved that we revisit our mission, vision, and goals after the performance analysis is completed.
  • A suggestion was made that we revisit the previous personas in the background material to see if they are still accurate. It was agreed to revisit this discussion at a later date.
  • Steve inquired as to more details on his role as knowledge manager. It was agreed to table discussion until later date.
  • Karen proposed that we treat the meetings with Mike as client meetings and that a facilitator is necessary for those meetings. Agreed by all.
  • Rob and Karen are the web team and both should receive all web updates.

ACTION ITEMS

  • Rob will refine the PAP document and post on the web
  • TEAM: All materials for the final briefing report will be sent to Steve by noon on Friday February 14.

NEXT MEETING: Thursday, February 13, 2003 @ Commerce Lab, 1:30pm

  • Discuss personas
  • Mission, Vision, and Goals
  • Facilitator: Peter Huffer; Scribe: Rob Parrott