Meeting Minutes

 

Thursday, January 30:Team meeting
Scribe: Peter Huffer
Facilitator: Steve Arrington
Attendees: Karen Zolkiewicz, Lisa Stedge, Marcella Simon, Rob Parrott, Peter Huffer, Steve Arrington
Absentees: none

DISCUSSION

  • Go-around of ideas for project
  • Preliminary project planning

Summary of Discussion:

  • Steve wants to conduct a targeted restructuring of the LAO site. Testing options should be investigated and weighed. We should plan to do usability testing
  • Rob feels that testing is not a priority because it is only necessary for federal funding of the project. He wants the team to do a performance analysis, determination of areas to emphasize for usability testing, and determination of main audience for site. He recommended breaking into three teams to 1. research testing options; 2. investigate the site's 508 status; 3. identify biggest usability issues.
  • Lisa feels it is important to hold off on text editing and content issues. Navigation and logon are more important. She feels that we should plan to do two cycles of usability testing. First usability test will drive a redesignt leading to second test. Her feeling about developing a assessment/testing function is that we should not knock ourselves out over this and should find something canned.
  • Marcella feels that assessment (testing) is a top priority for the project. She is also concerned about the usability of the site. She recommends investigating testing options, analyzing Read-For-The-Web and StoryBuilder functions, analyzing the content and weighing alternatives, fixing the site entry/logon, identifying audience, and developing a marketing plan.
  • Karen feels it is important to conduct a performance analysis as a foundation for building the project including developing a historical perspective of the project. She feels it is important to identify the project's audience and to determine what they really want out of the site. And she feels we need to reconcile that with what our clients want. It is important to talk about assessment/testing features, determine the scope of the issue, and to make an informed decision about whether to tackle this. We can used targeted usability to determine which areas of the site to fix.
  • Peter agrees with Karen. He feels that since the clients have stressed the importance of the assessment/testing issue, we should also.

ACTION ITEMS

  • Rob will send email about email protocol
  • Rob will collect information for Performance Analysis Plan; team members will send him their information
  • Teams for performance assessment are: Peter and Steve-assessment/testing; Rob and Karen-508; Marcella and Lisa-major issues of site
  • Team members will conduct research and interviews. Steve will write the briefing report. Information will be sent to Steve by next Friday as an email. He will compile and edit report by 1:00pm Monday
  • Project plan will include two rounds of usability testing.

NEXT MEETING: Thursday, February 6, 2003 @ Commerce Lab, 1:30pm

  • Discussion of how to make decisions when votes are tied
  • Determine who will be Seunghun contact person.
  • Discussion of results of interviews, research
  • Facilitator: Peter Huffer; Scribe: Rob Parrott