Meeting Minutes

 

March 6, 2003: Team Meeting
Scribe: Lisa J. Stedge
Facilitator: Marcella Simon
Attendees: Steve Arrington, Peter Huffer, Rob Parrott, Marcella Simon, Lisa J. Stedge, and Karen Zolkiewicz
Absentees: None

DISCUSSION:

  • We celebrated Marcella's upcoming birthday.

  • Team Updates have been postponed. The Team Updates Practicum Session for March 17, 2003 has been cancelled as per our advisors.

  • Karen reviewed with us the summary report she created in Microsoft Excel, so far, of our Usability Test Note Templates. She appreciated team members having gotten data to her early.

  • Marcella announced that she is going to let Karen continue creating the Usability Test Summary Final Report on her own. Marcella, due to her health, is going to drop-out of the two-person sub-team.

  • Karen felt she needed someone to take Marcella's place on the sub-team, so she could have someone on whom to "bounce ideas."

  • Steve volunteered to replace Marcella and to help Karen with the Usability Test Summary Final Report.

  • All decided we will probably need to multitask in the coming weeks. For instance, we will need to finalize our Usability Test Summary Final Report at the same time as we begin our next design/redesign steps, after Spring Break.

  • No more Usability Tests were conducted since our last Team Meeting.

  • We discussed the question, "Do we have enough test subjects, now, or do we really need more?" We decided we have enough valid Usability Tests, already, in order to continue with our design/redesign process. We can always conduct secondary tests, in the future, such as e-mail questionnaires, if necessary.

  • Steve and Karen will analyze all of the Usability Testing qualitative and quantitative data and create a first draft of our Usability Test Summary Final Report.

  • Peter will be out-of-town, during the Spring Break, so he will not be able to give feedback on our Usability Test Summary Final Report during that time period. However, he will give his feedback when he returns. The rest of our team will give their feedback sooner than Peter, so that Karen and Steve can make progress on the Usability Test Summary Final Report.

  • We discussed due dates for our Usability Test Summary Final Report process steps.

  • We reviewed Marcella and Liz's versions of Personas. All liked the "Sue" Persona, and chose to use it for the future. Liz will send Persona to Rob to post to Project Site.

  • Liz presented team with new LAO Meeting Schedule Times, and held a discussion about the proposed times. It was decided that our future Tuesday meetings will be held at Krug Hall, in room 108, from 1:00pm to 3:00pm, with Mike Behrmann, starting with March 18th, 2003. Future Tuesday meetings will usually consist of 30 minutes of help with Mike, followed by 30-40 minutes for team updates, and then any remaining time can be used for team meetings. Future Tuesday meetings will serve as our Practicum class.

  • As per our LAO Meeting Schedule Times discussion with Liz, we decided that our "standing" Team Meeting time will now be moved from Thursdays to Wednesdays. Thus, future "standing" Team Meeting times, starting with Wednesday, March 19, 2003, will be held at the Thompson Building, in room 221, from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. Mike Behrmann will be available to meet with us at the time, if we request his presence. Our Thursday "standing" Team Meetings" are hereby cancelled.

  • Liz will see to it that our LAO Practicum Schedule on the Immersion website will be updated in the future. She will make sure an "update date" is always placed at the top of the calendar, in red, so that we can tell when the calendar has been updated. Furthermore, Liz will send us "update" memos via e-mail, whenever she updates the LAO Practicum Schedule.

  • One of the video camera is apparently broken.

  • Anyone who would like to be reimbursed for Usability Testing video tapes should get their receipts to Rob or get Slush Fund money from Marcella.

  • We will wait until the Usability Test Summary Final Report is done, before we see if we want to show any video clips as evidence of any Usability Test findings.

  • According to Liz, our Individual Portfolios are due to Mike Behrmann on March 21, 2003. Mike will then get back to us with his comments by March 31, 2003. Furthermore, apparently Mike is only concerned with "content" on our Individual Portfolios. We do not need to be concerned about "aesthetics."

  • Liz will ask Mike Behrmann if he had cancelled the "Concept Map" portion of our Individual Portfolios, as it has been cancelled for T/TAC.

  • Lisa volunteered to send a "thank you" e-card on behalf of our LAO team to Deana Mansoor, Andrea Chen, and Soo Park for their Usability Testing help.

     

ACTION ITEMS:

  • Karen and Steve will create the first draft of the Usability Test Summary Final Report. They will e-mail the first draft of the report to our team by midnight on Friday, March 7, 2003.

  • Any comments from LAO team members (except Peter) on the Usability Test Summary Final Report are due to Karen and Steve, via e-mail, by Monday, March 10, 2003, at noon. Comments should be embedded within a copy of the Usability Test Summary Final Report and should be in a font color other than black (e.g., green, blue, pink, red).

  • Karen and Steve will create the second draft of the Usability Test Summary Final Report. They will e-mail the second draft of the report to our team by midnight on Sunday, March 16, 2003.

  • Peter will review the second draft of the Usability Test Summary Final Report for any "glaring" errors and return his comments, via e-mail, to Karen and Steve by "22:00 hours" on March 18, 2003. He should copy the rest of the team on his e-mailed comments. Furthermore, any comments from Peter should be embedded within a copy of the second draft of the Usability Test Summary Final Report and should be in a font color other than black (e.g., green, blue, pink, red).

  • Karen and Steve will create the final, polished draft of the Usability Test Summary Final Report. Karen will post the final, polished draft of the report to our Project Site by midnight on Wednesday, March 19, 2003. Then, Karen and Steve will e-mail our team, and tell us that it has been posted.

  • Liz will send the "Sue" Persona to Rob to post to our Project Site.

  • Future Tuesday meetings will be held at Krug Hall, in room 108, from 1:00pm to 3:00pm, with Mike Behrmann, starting with March 18th, 2003. Future Tuesday meetings will usually consist of 30 minutes of help with Mike, followed by 30-40 minutes for team updates, and then any remaining time can be used for team meetings. Future Tuesday meetings will serve as our Practicum class.

  • Our "standing" Team Meeting time will now be moved from Thursdays to Wednesdays. Thus, future "standing" Team Meeting times, starting with Wednesday, March 19, 2003, will be held at the Thompson Building, in room 221, from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. Mike Behrmann will be available to meet with us at the time, if we request his presence. Our Thursday "standing" Team Meetings" are hereby cancelled.

  • Lisa will update the Project Management Calendars to reflect the new meeting schedule times and locations.

  • Any important LAO-related information which occurs over Spring Break needs to be forwarded to Lisa, via e-mail, prior to Friday, March 14, 2003. That way, Lisa can include it in the next Status Report.

  • Liz will see to it that our LAO Practicum Schedule on the Immersion website will be updated in the future. She will make sure an "update date" is always placed at the top of the calendar, in red, so that we can tell when the calendar has been updated. Furthermore, Liz will send us "update" memos via e-mail, whenever she updates the LAO Practicum Schedule.

  • Anyone who would like to be reimbursed for Usability Testing video tapes should get their receipts to Rob or get Slush Fund money from Marcella.

  • Liz will ask Mike Behrmann if he had cancelled the "Concept Map" portion of our Individual Portfolios, as it has been cancelled for T/TAC.

  • Lisa will send a "thank you" e-card on behalf of our LAO team to Deana Mansoor, Andrea Chen, and Soo Park for their Usability Testing help.

NEXT MEETING -- Tuesday, March 18, 2003, from 1:00pm to 3:00pm, in Krug Hall, room 108:

  • Meeting with Mike Behrmann
  • Team Updates
  • Review of Usability Test Summary Final Report, so far (will be complete by 03/19/03)
  • Plans for the week
  • Other issues (if there's time)
  • Project manager items (if there's time)
  • Web committee update (if there's time)