Meeting Minutes

 

Tuesday, May 6th:Team meeting
Scribe: Rob Parrott
Facilitator: Peter Huffer
Attendees: Karen Zolkiewicz, Lisa J. Stedge, Marcella Simon, Rob Parrott, Peter Huffer, Steve Arrington, Liz Delsandro
Absentees: none

DISCUSSION

  • Innovations Recap
  • Subgroup Updates
  • Final Presentation Ideas
  • Web Update
  • PM Update
  • Class Evaluations

Summary of Discussion:

  1. Our booth at Innovations 2003 was successful. Though we did not win any of the awards, some people expressed their interest in using the site.
  2. Karen has finalized the help functionality redesigns as much as she can without other peoples' finished designs. Rob said Read from the Web is still in revisions. Steve has submitted all his designs to Seunghun and has been following up with him to see if he has questions. There was no update from Lisa and Marcella regarding the entry pages. Peter's designs are ready to be submitted to Seunghun.
  3. The question arose regarding Camtasia videos that would be helpful for people to learn to use the site and where other videos might be useful. No area was agreed on for this development.
  4. Some presentation ideas that came up were using a TV quiz show theme like 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' to point out areas of redesign, a Dr. Seuess theme around 'Oh, The Places You'll Go', a 'This is your Life' kind of presentation talking about the development of the LAO site, a constructivist challenge ("you tell us what we did"), etc. No one wanted to do a typical, straightforward presentation of information. We've settled on an idea that originated from Steve: we'll create our slides within the StoryBuilder framework as if our process was a story being built within the new StoryBuilder tool on the site.
  5. A big discussion broke out regarding the redesign of the homepage to make the banner smaller, thus revealing more space above the fold throughout the site. In the end, we decided to keep our first, original redesign.
  6. The web team will have the site updated this weekend so anyone with things to add should send them to Karen or Rob ASAP.
  7. The final presentation will be broken up into the following roles:
  8. - Prologue - Marcella (the tree and graph, history, etc.)
    - Performance Analysis - Rob (508, issues at hand, etc.)
    - Usability Testing - Karen (walking through the old site)
    - Subgroups - All (in order: Home, Help, Site Tour, Assessment, Read from the Web, StoryBuilder)
    - Prototype - Steve
    - Epilogue - Marcella (next steps, recommendations, etc.)

  9. For the final presentation we will bring food: Rob will bring a pasta salad, Steve will bring strawberries, Lisa will bring desert, Karen will bring chips & dip, Liz will bring a fruit salad, Marcella will bring a green salad, and Peter will bring something TBA.

ACTION ITEMS

  • Steve will send a master slide to the team for the final presentation
  • The team will create slides for the final presentation related to our subgroup work
  • Steve will put the final presentation together
  • The team will send items to be included in the Project Resources pages to Karen or Rob, who will update the site this weekend
  • Rob will remind Brenda and Kevin to bring cups and utensils.

NEXT MEETING: Monday, May 12, 2003 the Commerce Lab, 1:00pm to practice our final presentation.